Friday 22 February 2013

Snow Babies

I found this article on BBC's website. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21537988

It is about how we in Scandinavia let our babies sleep outside even if it is very cold.
I understand that to many people it could sound like madness to let your baby sleep outside when it is
-10C.
Like many other Swed's I think it is good for them. They need the cold fresh air to fight germs. I let Sofia sleep outside, she is out there in the cold right now having her morning nap. The temperature is
-6C.
She is dressed warm and wrapped up in her sheepskin sleeping bag only her little face is poking out.
I wonder why not more parents in England do it? 
Is it just a cultural thing or has it got something to do with the weather conditions? 
What do you think? What do parents in other countries do?
Please let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment